Badger Recommends....

Badger Recommends....

Thursday, May 17, 2007

My New Pride and Joy

I did something a little crazy last week. What we have here is one times Ford Phantom and my newly purchased Yamaha YZ125. The girls will appreciate that all the colours match here, but it's pure coincidence I can assure you. I took my new toy for a test ride last week and rode it over the road from the ballie's place into the cane fields. I think the sign at the dirt road entrance marked "Private Property" and the picture of a motor bike with a big black line through it was more of a guideline than an instruction. Although the 3 girls on horseback I passed on 2 occasions didn't look overly excited about the fact that the tranquility of their Sunday stroll was being poisoned by the wine of a very loud 2-stroke motocross bike. I'm sure they'll get over it.

Anyway, this puppy is awesome. It's got a helluva lot of power to give and at the moment I'm only pulling a fraction of what it has to offer. Either I'll successfully learn how to ride this thing or my over confidence will land me in hospital. Thankfully medical aid is coming through this week.

3 comments:

ZuluBoy said...

Badger is that the famous Sandy Lands ? it's perfect spot to test the bike!! YOu should have rooster tailed the girls on the horses..if you not sure what that is.. you get in front of your mate in this case horse rider and rev the hell out of your bike and let the clutch (hold the front brake) go which spits the earth at extream high speed up at your target creating the Rooter Tail affect :) Enjoy, it looks awesome!!

ZuluBoy said...

Badger is that the famous Sandy Lands ? it's perfect spot to test the bike!! YOu should have rooster tailed the girls on the horses..if you not sure what that is.. you get in front of your mate in this case horse rider and rev the hell out of your bike and let the clutch (hold the front brake) go which spits the earth at extream high speed up at your target creating the Rooter Tail affect :) Enjoy, it looks awesome!!

Badger said...

Zuluboy, my ballies have moved to Assegay now, so that's a negative on Sandy Lands. Ahhh..remember Sandy Lands. Used to have some good little sessions on the bmx's back in the day hey.