Badger Recommends....

Badger Recommends....

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Crew from Borocay


Ok so quite a lot has happened since I last spoke to you guys and plans have changed and I'm still in the Philippines, although I'll be making my way back to Thailand tomorrow to continue the final leg of the journey. The reason I've been so "slack" in updating the blog is that in the last 2 days the closest internet cafe has been 50 kms away. I've been out in the sticks doing some pretty awesome stuff which I'll tell you about in a minute.


Right so I mentioned previously that we were about to head out on another boat trip around the island of Borocay. This we did, and we had a pretty sweet day out, yet again, as is always the case on these boat trips. Unfortunately I was feeling a bit under the weather and so spent the better half of the day on the boat rather than taking advantage of some good snorkelling like the rest of the crew. The snorkelling we did was actually in pretty shallow water but the coral and the colours of some of the fish was quite spectacular. After lunch we missioned around the final side of the island and discovered a stretch of beach that for some reason the tourism trade hadn't yet infiltrated and so decided to stop for a beer. After that it was back to where we started. All in all a good day out and once again the weather was perfect and we couldn't have asked for more. Well, the fishing could have been better. Bren, at the moment that tackle box is just weighing me down, gonna have to catch something big sooner or later.

The next night (I think it was the next night) we all celebrated another successful day out in the sun by getting pretty drunk and staying out til 4 or 5 in the morning. Needless to say on evenings such as these it's always good to have the camera with you in case a few funny moments arise. And this they did, here's a selection of the best bits.




Anyway so now that Borocay was ticked off the list it was time for Greg and myself to find a new island while the rest of the Borocay crew made their way back to work. Next on the list was Puerto Galera.

No comments: